Parents & Family
- The thing I like most about my family is:
- The thing I like least about my family is:
- The way(s) my mother treated my father was:
- The way(s) my father treated my mother was:
- I have family members who were:
- Addicted to alcohol…
- Addicted to drugs…
- Mentally ill…
- Is it ok for my partner or I to talk with parents about the problems of our relationship?
- How should my partner and I deal with extended family stress as a couple?
- How do I deal with family and their money crises?
- How much time do I need to spend with my parents and how much do I expect my partner to join us?
- How do I plan to spend holidays? How much will I spend on gifts for family and friends?
- Will I need to be close to my parents now or as they get older?
- Will I ever want a parent to live with the two of us when they grow old?
- What is my plan for my parents’ future care?
Conflict Resolution Self-Assessment
- When I’m afraid, I usually respond by___________. How I’d like to respond is__________.
- When I’m sad, I usually respond by___________. How I’d like to respond is__________.
- When I’m angry, I usually respond by___________. How I’d like to respond is__________.
- When I’m lonely, I usually respond by ___________. How I’d like to respond is__________.
- When I’m tired, I usually respond by ___________. How I’d like to respond is___________.
- Do I have a quick temper? How do I show it? Screaming? Pouting? Walking away? Throwing or breaking things?
- Am I open to discussing sensitive subjects or do I get defensive and withdraw?
- Do I hold a grudge or am I forgiving?
- Do I complain often about people, work, or other things?
- Do I criticize others — pointing out their flaws and shortcomings?
Medical & End of Life Issues
- Do I have or do I want to have a living will?
- How do I feel about organ donation?
- When is it okay to stop trying to resuscitate me?
- How do I feel about living in a nursing home?
- At what point would I like to be taken off life support?
- How will I treat my partner if I had cancer? If my partner had cancer?
- How will I treat my partner if I was having major surgery? If my partner was having major surgery?
- What do I want my last words to be?
- Would I like to be buried or cremated? Where?
- What do I want my funeral to look like?